Once you have been successful in receiving your A1 certificate from Ireland you should apply for a European Health Insurance card.
Please find the form here.
The EHIC or "European Health Insurance Card" is for EU residents to use to access medical resources when travelling outside of their EU country of residence...Please view the following link for the full article:
You can only apply for a European Health Insurance Card from the Irish health authorities if you are:
- Ordinarily resident in Ireland and you are not receiving a Social Insurance payment from another EU State or paying another EU State's Social Insurance, or you are not the dependant of such a person.
- Resident in another EU State and you are receiving an Irish Social Insurance payment or paying Irish Social Insurance, or you are a dependant of such a person.
- You will need to provide your name, address, date of birth, Personal Public Service (PPS) Number. You may be asked to show evidence of your PPS Number, such as a P60 or a Social Services Card.
- Date E121 / E109 was registered: The commencement date of the A1.
- Pension Reference Number: This can be left blank